Security, integration, redundancy, centralization and connectivity provide peace of mind whether in the office, working from home or travelling for the holidays
VIENNA, Va. – Dec. 16, 2014 – Cetrom Information Technology, Inc. (Cetrom) explains five reasons the cloud lets association executives enjoy the holiday season. An industry-leading provider of custom cloud solutions, Cetrom has nearly 15 years of experience helping transform the way associations and nonprofits succeed. Cetrom executives will be available to discuss the reasons below at booth #614 during the ASAE Technology Conference & Expo 2014, Dec. 16-17, 2014, at the Gaylord National® Resort & Convention Center in National Harbor, Md.
- Robust Security and Virus Protection Deter Grinches: Hackers use the holidays to steal financial information from e-commerce sites vulnerable to breaches or intrusions. Association websites have taken full advantage of e-commerce functionalities for online membership renewals, event registrations and online purchases, making the organization one of many targets for theft. However, proven cloud vendors will keep an association’s data safe under lock and key, both physically and logically. Through the use of biometrics, 256-bit encryption and enterprise-level virus protection, hackers and Grinches won’t stand a chance.
- Secret “Elves” Facilitate Online Renewals: The end of the year is a time for family, celebration and membership renewals. Traditionally, facilitating renewals would require an association staff member answering phones or corresponding via email to ensure memberships were updated and renewals completed during business hours. Now, membership renewals are automated through cloud-based association management software—ok, not secret elves—allowing members the flexibility to renew at their convenience, especially during holiday vacations or after working hours.
- Even the Abominable Snowman Can’t Interrupt Business Continuity: During the winter months, many parts of the country experience treacherous weather resulting in office closures and power outages. With off-site, U.S.-based data centers on opposite sides of the country that are constantly backing up and replicating data, association executives can rest assured that their organization will remain intact if an abominable snowstorm hits. Furthermore, each data center should be prepared for weather emergencies with redundant power supplies in place, including access to multiple power grids and suppliers, as well as on-site generators and fuel sources.
- It’s Easier to Communicate with Members than Family: Keeping lines of communication open to coordinate any holiday gathering can be stressful when Uncle Harry doesn’t use the Internet, Cousin Sally won’t answer her phone and your brothers’ wives both want to bring the same dish. Luckily, cloud-based member relations are easily streamlined through a centralized database of accurate member data, intuitive email marketing systems and an integrated content management system for website updates. With unlimited access to these resources through the cloud, association membership directors can send out a happy holidays greeting to all members just as easily as they can notify them when the office closes due to bad weather.
- Like Yukon Cornelius, the Cloud Won’t Leave You Stranded: According to AAA, nearly 95 million Americans travel 50 miles or more from home during the year-end holiday season. This means spotty Wi-Fi, unfamiliar computers and limited charging stations. By hosting data and applications in the cloud, association executives and membership managers can easily access all their tools and resources through only an internet connection, a browser, and any mobile device or computer. Enterprise-class data centers and proven infrastructure ensure ease of access and uptime whether venturing to Vale or gathering at grandma’s.
Christopher Stark, president and CEO, Cetrom, comments, “At this time of year, it’s important to spend time with loved ones, relax and decompress. Since business doesn’t stop for holidays, association management must find alternatives to ensure their members are still taken care of. Advanced technology, such as the cloud, not only ensures seamless operations, but also provides the peace of mind necessary to truly enjoy holiday festivities. ” About Cetrom Information Technology, Inc. Cetrom Information Technology, Inc. is an industry-leading provider of custom cloud solutions that are backed by high-end technology and support teams who consistently achieve near-perfect satisfaction ratings. The company creates IT solutions to meet specific user, mobile, security and application needs for a variety of SMBs including accounting and CPA firms, associations and nonprofits, law offices, and travel management companies. A Microsoft Partner with multiple Gold Competencies, Cetrom is headquartered in Vienna, Va., with offices and SSAE 16-compliant data centers across the United States. Since its founding in 2001, the cloud computing trailblazer has maintained a spotless track record of zero downtime and was recently named a Cloud Computing Excellence award winner, an Inc. 500l5000 company, one of Virginia’s Fantastic 50, and a Washington Business Journal Best Place to Work. Together with technology partners like Citrix, Dell, EMC2, Lenovo and CenturyLink, Cetrom is evolutionizing IT. Learn more at www.cetrom.net.