In the world of data storage, there is perhaps no more hotly debated topic than Cloud Computing and security. As more and more companies look into the Cloud as a possibility, they all have the same question; is the Cloud secure? Your company’s data is its lifeline. You can never be too safe. Besides helping businesses like yours increase productivity, cut costs, and more, the Cloud also utilizes enterprise-level safety processes to ensure your information is kept safe and secure. Cloud Computing and Security Cloud Computing is actually safer than most on-site data storage. Of course, the exact level of security is dependent on your Cloud provider. Here are just a few ways that we at Cetrom, for example, take every precaution to keep your information safe and secure:
- Firewalls: The first line of defense, firewalls help prevent unauthorized access to your data.
- Encryption: Data is encrypted and unreadable by those without authorized access and the encryption key.
- Multi-Level Redundancy: Your data is stored in more than one location to ensure it is always readily available. This ensures that your data is kept safe even if one server fails or a single disk is lost. After all, you don’t want to put all of your eggs in one basket. Cetrom Cloud solutions are reliable and have a 99.9% uptime guarantee
- Virus Protection: Your Cloud provider ensures all virus protection software is maintained and up-to-date.
- Physical Security: Cetrom’s state-of-the-art data centers meet industry FIPS 140 standards for top- tier security and operates with 24/7 on-site security, internal and external monitoring, ID access screening, and escort requirements.
For a complete breakdown of Cetrom’s Cloud Computing security processes, Click Here. So, after reading all of that, do you have an answer to your question, “is the Cloud secure?” When all of the above Cloud Computing security measures operate in conjunction with one another they help thwart unauthorized access, keeping your critical business data safe and secure.
Become a Cetrom client and enjoy true peace of mind!
If you would like to learn more about Cloud Computing and security, please contact Cetrom by calling 866.364.1098 or fill out our contact form. You can also follow Cetrom on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, YouTube, and Google+ for the latest and greatest Cloud Computing news.