The travel industry is one of high demand and constant change. Because of this, it is no wonder why the industry is leading the way in terms of Cloud adoption. The travel industry, like so many others, including the financial services industry and accounting industry, has quickly realized the many benefits cloud computing has to offer. Cloud Computing Benefits for the Travel Industry
- Scalability: The travel industry is very seasonal. Because of this, the high demands of certain seasons – such as Christmas and summer – can sometimes be too much for on-site servers to handle. Fortunately, the Cloud offers users scalable solutions to help deal with the seasonal rush. Travel agencies and tourism companies can increase or decrease their storage needs in the Cloud according to this seasonal demand.
- Security: Companies in the travel industry handle credit card and other personal information on a daily basis. This is why security is such a major concern. This is also why many companies within the industry are turning to Cloud Computing. Cloud providers help keep critical data safe through secure and encrypted solutions, firewalls, backup recovery, and redundancy. Of course, the level of security differs from provider to provider.
- Software: The Cloud can host a wide variety of travel industry software, including Travcom CS, Sabre, Cornerstone Information Systems, BookingBuilder, Galileo, and so much more.
- Mobility: The Cloud offers improved mobility, allowing clients to access websites, shared applications, and booking tools from anywhere on the globe, as long as they are connected to the Internet.
- Competition: The travel industry is extremely competitive. Because of this, you cannot afford downtime. Fortunately, the Cloud offers superior uptime. In fact, some providers, like Cetrom, boast an uptime of better than 99.9%.
- And Much More!
As you can see, Cloud Computing for the travel industry is beneficial in several ways, but only if you choose the right provider. Cetrom: The Pioneers in Cloud Computing Cetrom has the experience and customer-centric approach that companies, like yours, look for in a Cloud Computing provider. Plus, our diverse offering of over 150 SaaS applications gives you access to the software you need to stay competitive. If you would like to learn more about the benefits of Cloud Computing for the travel industry, please contact Cetrom by calling 866.364.1098 or fill out our contact form. You can also follow Cetrom on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, YouTube, and Google+ for the latest and greatest Cloud Computing news.