First there was the floppy disk. Then came the compact disk or, as it came to be known, the CD. Next was the USB flash drive. And today, the file saving and sharing technology of choice is Cloud Computing. File saving and sharing has come a long way. How Does Cloud Computing Make it Easier to Access Files? Users are no longer restricted to saving all of their documents on one particular, physical device. Cloud Computing allows users to save their data to the Cloud and access their files from any Internet-enabled device from anywhere in the world. Additional Benefits of Cloud Computing File Access
- Remote Access: As we have already mentioned, Cloud Computing allows users to access their data from anywhere on the globe, as long as they have Internet access. This means that your employees can access their files and work from home, they can access their files while on business trips, and they can access their files any time of the day. Now that is convenience.
- Collaboration: Cloud Computing helps foster collaboration, increasing productivity and driving your business forward. Users can edit files, such as Word documents or PowerPoint presentations, simultaneously with other users.
- Storage Space: With the physical storage devices we mentioned earlier, storage space was limited. If you ran out of storage, you bought another device: another floppy disk, another CD, or another flash drive. With the Cloud, however, storage space is unlimited. You will never have to worry about running out of space again.
- Automatic Updates: Your Cloud Computing provider will proactively monitor, maintain, and upgrade your hosted programs and applications.
- Disaster Recovery: If anything were to happen to your business, you have the peace of mind knowing that your data is safely stored in a remote data center. With the Cloud, all data is backed up onto servers and recovery times are quick.
- Security: Most Cloud Computing providers keep your data safe using encryption, enterprise-level firewalls, opposite-coast redundancy, guarded and monitored data centers, and world-class virus protection tools, ensuring your data is available no matter what.
- And so much more!
If you would like to learn more about Cloud Computing file access, please contact Cetrom by calling 866.364.1098 or fill out our contact form. We take every precaution to keep your information safe and secure. Our Cloud solutions are reliable and have a 99.9% uptime guarantee and our state-of-the-art data centers meet industry FIPS 140 standards for top- tier security. Follow Cetrom on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, YouTube, and Google+ for the latest and greatest Cloud Computing news.