In 2009, when President Barack Obama announced the Federal Cloud Computing Initiative, the government’s CIO explained that Cloud Computing “has the potential to greatly reduce waste, increase data center efficiency and utilization rates, and lower operating costs.” Still, some companies remain hesitant to make the switch to the Cloud, instead opting to keep everything on-premise. So how do Cloud Computing costs stack up against on-premise costs? How is Cloud Computing Cost Effective? In the below video, CETROM performs a cost-benefit analysis, comparing the costs of an on-premise solution to a Cloud Computing solution over a three year period.
- Servers: With Cloud Computing, the need for and cost associated with on-premise servers vanish.
- Computers: The Cloud will help you extend the life of your computers, saving your company money in the long run.
- Employees: Because everything is hosted online, via the Cloud, your company will not need to hire an in-house IT staff.
- Maintenance and Downtime: Your Cloud provider will proactively monitor, maintain, and upgrade your hosted programs, minimizing downtime and ensuring your applications are available when you need them. And with less downtime, you’ll have increased productivity, higher revenue, and greater opportunities.
Additional Benefits of Cloud Computing
- Remote Access: Because applications are hosted in the cloud, employees can access information from anywhere, as long as they have an Internet connection.
- Scalability: Unlike an on-premise solution, the Cloud offers an extremely scalable platform that will grow alongside your business. Cloud Computing solutions allow you to easily adapt.
- Security: Many Cloud providers, like Cetrom, keep your critical data safe through secure and encrypted solutions, firewalls, backup recovery, and redundancy.
- And More!
Your Solution is Obvious.
Cloud Computing has already helped numerous industries – from the travel industry to government contractors and every industry in between – increase productivity and save money. Contact Cetrom today to find out how your company can save money with Cloud Computing. Cetrom can be reached by calling 866.364.1098 or fill out our contact form. You can also follow Cetrom on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, YouTube, and Google+ for the latest and greatest Cloud Computing news.