As many companies are rapidly moving towards a telework model amidst the current global crisis with coronavirus (COVID-19), we wanted to share some tech tips to help ensure your connection is strong, fast and secure.
Following these best practices will provide you with the best performance when working remote.
- Use a Wired Connection – Wireless or using hotspots are good in a pinch but not for your regular workday. A wired connection provides constant and faster speed than a wireless connection and is more secure.
- Review your Equipment – Call your Internet Service Provider and have them review and do a refresh of your systems to ensure the strongest connection.
- Run Updates – If you are running on a PC, run windows updates, patch and reboot – until there are no updates available.
- Subscribe to an Antivirus – Most ISP providers offer free antivirus programs.
- Remain Vigilant – Home resources are oftentimes weaker depending on your setup. Please remain vigilant when opening any attachments and clicking on links.
Cetrom has proactive measures in place, as part of our Emergency Preparedness Plan, to ensure that our systems, services and support remain fully operational for our clients during this global crisis. We remain 100% committed to serving our client’s IT needs.
If you need assistance moving to the cloud, we can help. Our team is available to support you day or night. Let us know how we can help you. Contact us today.