The days of storing your data on your computer’s hard drive or an on-site server are quickly coming to an end. Cloud Computing has forever changed the way in which we access information. You have heard it all before. Cloud Computing is great. It is beneficial for almost any industry, it allows you to outsource your entire IT operation, it can help increase productivity, it allows you to easily adapt to growth or contraction and respond quickly to new market conditions, and Cloud Computing is cost effective. But, at the end of the day, you still have one question; is Cloud Computing safe and secure? It is this question that has kept some companies from adopting Cloud services. So is the Cloud safe? The simple answer is yes. However, the level of Cloud Computing security is dependent on one thing: your provider. Some Cloud Computing companies, like Cetrom, keep your critical data safe and secure through several means, including:
- Encrypted Solutions: Data in transit in encrypted, meaning it cannot be read by unauthorized people.
- Firewalls: Firewalls help prevent unauthorized access to your critical data.
- Virus Protection: Cloud Computing providers perform software and security updates themselves, saving you time and frustration while keeping your critical data safe.
- Backup Recovery: With the Cloud, all data is backed up onto servers and recovery times are quick.
- Redundancy: Then there is the multi-level redundancy, meaning your data is stored in more than one location to ensure it is always readily available.
- Physical Security: In addition to the virtual security, data centers are protected by physical security, including, but not limited to alarms, video surveillance, retina scanners, backup power generators, and much more.
If you would like to learn more about Cloud Computing security, please contact Cetrom by calling 866.364.1098 or fill out our contact form. We take every precaution to keep your information safe and secure. Our Cloud solutions are reliable and have a 99.9% uptime guarantee and our state-of-the-art data centers meet industry FIPS 140 standards for top- tier security. Follow Cetrom on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, YouTube, and Google+ for the latest and greatest Cloud Computing news.