We are no longer restricted to saving all of our mission critical information on one, physical device, such as a floppy disk, CD, or USB flash drive. Cloud Computing has forever changed the way in which companies store and access their data. The Cloud is safe and secure, it helps boost productivity, and it is cost effective. For these reasons, countless companies from numerous industries have made the switch to the Cloud. But what about file access? Whether in the office or on the road, your employees need the ability to securely access vital technology resources and company data. The solution: Mobile Cloud Computing, which is simply the use of Cloud Computing technology on a mobile device. Real-world examples of mobile Cloud solutions include:
- Mobile Email: Mobile email is perhaps the example of mobile Cloud Computing that most people can connect with. How many of you already use mobile email? If so, you are utilizing a Cloud technology. Mobile email allows users to view, manage, and respond to email without ever accessing an office network.
- Apps: Several companies in the real estate business, for example, are now utilizing mobile apps that allow prospective homebuyers to locate homes for sale using satellite GPS. Every time a user initiates a new search, the computation is performed on a remote server and the mobile device displays information sent to it from the Cloud.
- And so much more!
Now, your business can benefit from this technology as well. In fact, several industries – including real estate, insurance, and surveying – have already begun to benefit from mobile Cloud Computing. Any company with employees who need to conduct business while off-site can benefit from the Cloud. Mobile Cloud Computing from Cetrom At Cetrom, we embrace mobile cloud computing technology and provide our customers full access to all technology resources through the Cloud – anytime, anywhere, anyhow.
- Anytime: In 2009, there were more than four billion mobile phones in use across the globe. By the end of 2013, that number is expected to grow in excess of six billion. And people are using these phones for so much more than just making calls. Nowadays, mobile phones and other Internet-ready devices, like tablets, are quickly replacing personal computers in the workplace. This is especially true for businessmen and women who constantly travel. Why? Mobile Cloud Computing, especially when combined with Cetrom’s 99.9% uptime guarantee, ensure your critical business data is available whenever you need it.
- Anywhere: For many, telecommuting, working at a client location, traveling and moving fluidly around the office has become a way of life. Mobile Cloud Computing enables people perform their daily tasks from anywhere on the globe, as long as they have Internet access.
- Anyhow: Whether using a BlackBerry® or Android®, iPhone® or iPad®, your employees can access all their information from any device or operating system.
If you would like to learn more about mobile Cloud Computing or for more real-world examples of mobile Cloud solutions, please contact Cetrom by calling 866.364.1098 or fill out our contact form. You can also follow Cetrom on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, YouTube, and Google+ for the latest and greatest Cloud Computing news.