Position: Systems Engineer
Location: Mt. Airy, Maryland Office
Cetrom is a growing, fast-paced cloud computing provider with clients across the country in many different industries. We are seeking the best network engineers to work in-house and in the field to support our local client community in various ways. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years experience and meet all of the below requirements. Adaptability and excellent client skills are essential in this position.
- Assist in maintenance, design, build and testing on our hosting network
- Perform work at the client’s site as needed, primarily in the Washington, D.C. area (on very rare occasions it may require travel)
- Assist on helpdesk calls in a backup/secondary role
- Participate in a 24×7 on-call rotation on a periodic basis
- Knowledge of current networking technologies
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Knowledge and desktop applications
- 1-2+ years direct experience required in the management and administration of supporting users and computers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, conducive to team development
- Ability to work independently
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of or experience with virtualization and cloud computing technology (VMWare/Citrix)
- Experience/participation in enterprise technology planning and strategy development
- Experience with architectures supporting highly-available applications
- Experience with Windows clustering
- Experience with SQL, Exchange, DNS, DFS
- Experience building and configuring the network infrastructure to support and secure high-availability solutions
- Experience building and troubleshooting multi-tiered networks using routing, VLANs, etc.
- Knowledge of current networking technologies including: TCP/IP, Routing Protocols and VPNs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Mature self-starter, capable of being self-directed and direct others
- Works well in a team or independently
- People-oriented, customer focused
- Professional in appearance, demeanor and delivery
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident status required for employment
Qualified candidates should send their resume to email@example.com.