Proven Cybersecurity for cloud-based IT solutions for Accounting Firms
With cyberattacks getting smarter every day, you need a strong, proven IT provider with the experience and knowledge to prevent, detect, and combat these destructive viruses. Cetrom’s goal is to provide you and your team with the secure and reliable access you need to do your job. Our proven cloud solution is backed by our multi-level approach to cybersecurity:
- Deploy Multiple Advanced Threat Protection Products: Reportedly, 90 percent of cyberattacks occur via email. We install multiple AI-based products to stop breaches. This AI software learns users’ habits and daily activities so that it can identify when an anomaly may be present within a user’s environment in real-time. If a real threat is detected, our Managed Detection and response (MDR) solution helps mitigate that threat in real time - helping clients sleep at night.
- Deploy Intrusion Detection & Prevention Systems: Cetrom actively monitors network or system activities for malicious activities or policy violations and reviews these reports in order to gain visibility into existing weak entry points to help avoid possible breaches in the future.
- Replication of Data and Backups: Cetrom performs two daily backups using two methodologies that are disconnected from the network. Additionally, replication of client data is performed from the Data Center to the client’s site for maximum security. Further, we leverage Amazon Web Services for a third backup method.
- Proactive Patch Management: Cetrom performs regularly scheduled updates to patch system vulnerabilities and helps maintain overall platform security, performance, and stability. This effort is critical to reducing the risk of a cyberattack. Attackers often exploit unpatched systems to gain access to sensitive information. CPA firms should have a process for testing and applying patches and updates in a controlled and secure manner to ensure unintended consequences, such as compatibility issues or system downtime, do not impact systems.
- Adopt an NGAV: Cetrom invested in advanced threat protection technologies like Next-Generation Antivirus (NGAV). NGAV goes beyond the traditional signature-based detection methods used by traditional antivirus software and employs a more proactive and behavior-based approach to threat detection and prevention.
- Least Privilege Model Adoption: This model restricts access to sensitive information and systems to only those users who need it to perform their job duties. It helps reduce the risk of unauthorized access and data breaches. In the most miniature privilege model, users are only granted the minimum access necessary to perform their job duties, which makes it easier to identify the source of a breach if one does occur.
- Implement Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) for Everything: MFA is essential in increasing a firm's cybersecurity posture. MFA requires users to provide two or more forms of authentication, such as a password and a security token, before accessing sensitive information. This added layer of security helps reduce the risk of unauthorized access and data breaches. MFA can also be implemented using biometric authentication, such as a fingerprint or facial recognition, in addition to a password.
- Deploy Cetrom Connect: Cetrom Connect is a universal API technology that enables secure and reliable communication between networks over the Internet. With Cetrom Connect, Cetrom can securely connect your networks, including the Cetrom virtual desktop, Microsoft 365, Active Directory Domain Services, your local network, cloud printing, and more – eliminating the need for local onsite servers.
- Ongoing Cybersecurity Awareness Training: Cybercriminals often target employees as a way to gain access to sensitive information and systems, making it crucial for employees to understand the risks and identify and respond to threats. Cetrom regularly sends security reminders and notices to educate it's clients and provide ways to help keep data secure. We highly recommend adopting a cybersecurity awareness program like KnowBe4.
- Verified & Tested Disaster Recovery Plan: Cetrom performs monthly disaster recovery plan drills to ensure quick response times. We work with clients to help build their own business continuity plan so that, in the event of an unexpected outage, they can continue working.
With the huge costs associated with cybercrime it’s understandable why most firms prioritize cybersecurity. Even though it can be difficult to measure, there are ways to both increase cybersecurity ROI and effectiveness. By using both preventive and predictive safety practices, Cetrom can help prevent cyberthreats from penetrating your network, help you gain control over your IT, and help keep your valuable data secure.
Cetrom is annually, independently audited and verified to ensure all the layers of our cloud security exceed industry standards. We are SOC 2 and HIPAA certified, all equipment is FIPS 140-compliant, and our two data centers are both SSAE 16 and SOC 2-compliant. We have even been named one of the top cloud providers in the industry.